Creative Watercolor: A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners offers a fun, modern, and practical approach to a timeless medium with instructions on how to paint simple motifs, create elegant lettering, and embellish projects beautifully. Popular watercolor artist and workshop instructor Ana Victoria Calderon shares her techniques for painting modern designs in this classic medium.
Through a series of easy tutorials and projects, you will:
- Discover basic materials and tools, plus options for embellishing your paintings
- Master essential techniques, starting with easy warm-up activities. Then, learn to layer, and get into the flow with watercolor
- Paint a variety of simple, beautiful designs: flowers and leaves, butterflies and critters, fruits and vegetables, and delightful lettering
- Use what you’ve learned to create unique, stylish stationery, including beautiful invitations, place cards, menus, monograms, recipe gift cards, thank you notes—any project you can imagine!
- Get an introduction to scanning and digital editing for making multiples
136 pages, 9.8" x 8.4".